Straightening Bridgeport Smiles with Lingual Braces
If you’re one of the millions of US adults going through life with tight-lipped smiles, it might be time to consider orthodontic treatment to achieve the picture-perfect smile you’ve only dreamed of. If the thought of traditional metal bracket and wire braces leaves you feeling hopeless, the team at Curtis Family Dentistry may have the perfect alternative: lingual braces. This conservative, effective solution offers predictable results without the stigma attached to months or years of metallic smiles with traditional braces.
Benefits of Lingual Braces in Bridgeport
- Because they are placed onto the backs of teeth, soft tissue irritation even for those with sensitivities to metal is significantly diminished
- Because they are attached to the backs of teeth, lingual braces remain virtually undetectable to the casual observer
- Shorter treatment times are possible depending on the extent or misalignment, crowding, and gapping, and patient preference
- Offers treatment comparable to traditional braces correcting even the most badly misaligned teeth and adjusting common bite issues such us over, under, and crossbite
- Like traditional braces, lingual braces are completely customized to individual smiles
How Do Lingual Braces Work?
Wires and brackets are bonded to the back surfaces of teeth the same way they connect to the front facing surface, and they work similarly to traditional braces. Wires place constant pressure on teeth gradually shifting smiles into position over the course of several month. Lingual braces require regular adjustment appointments typically once a month during which dentists customize adjust the position of brackets and writes to shift teeth closer to their ideal position. These braces often feel more natural to wearers and allow them to eat and speak more clearly and naturally. Lingual braces are comparable to traditional bracket and wire orthodontics, offer predictable results, and look and feel more comfortable.
For patients looking for a conservative orthodontic solution that doesn’t interfere with professional appearance or lifestyle, the Curtis Family Dentistry team can help. Lingual braces straighten smiles without the grade school appearance of traditional, metallic braces. However, some patients experience a “claustrophobic” feeling due to diminished space for the tongue during chewing, speaking, and following. While most patients grow accustomed to this sensation, there are some who choose to forego treatment with lingual braces. Contact our team today to schedule a consultation appointment. We’re happy to examine your smile, explain treatment options, and help you find an orthodontic solution that works for you.