May 22, 2018
If your teeth are misaligned, you don’t have to worry about putting up with the hassle and unattractive nature of traditional metal braces. In fact, modern dentistry has provided you with several options that can efficiently straighten your teeth without making you feel self-conscious about your appearance. Lingual braces and Invisalign in Bridgeport are two such options. Let’s take a closer look at how each one may be able to transform your smile.
Like traditional braces, lingual braces use brackets and wires to apply gentle pressure to the teeth so they gradually move into their proper places. However, instead of being placed on the fronts of teeth, lingual braces go on the backs of your pearly whites. They therefore offer several big advantages:
- They’re very discreet — no one has to know you’re wearing them!
- They make it easier to speak than traditional braces.
- They don’t cause as much soft tissue irritation as their old-fashioned counterparts.
Instead of using brackets and wires, Invisalign employs a series of clear thermoplastic aligners to reposition teeth. You switch to a new aligner about once every two weeks, and over the course of your treatment, you get to experience the joy of seeing your smile move closer and closer to perfection. Some of the main advantages of Invisalign include:
- The aligners are removable, enabling you to eat and drink whatever you like.
- Although Invisalign isn’t as invisible as its name implies, it can still help you to maintain a professional appearance throughout your treatment.
- It tends to work faster than metal braces.
Which Is Right for You?
Both lingual braces and Invisalign are effective treatments for misaligned teeth, but is one better than the other? In most cases, the option that’s best for you depends solely on your personal preference.
Lingual braces might be perfect for you if:
- You don’t want to worry about keeping track of Invisalign aligners, or you’re afraid you might forget to wear the aligners.
- You want the most natural-looking smile possible during your treatment; lingual braces are even more discreet than Invisalign!
On the other hand, Invisalign could be your best bet if:
- You don’t want to put up with the dietary restrictions that come with lingual braces.
- You think you may find it difficult to stick to the rigorous oral hygiene routine that metal braces require.
- You’re confident that you will be able to wear Invisalign the recommended amount of time each day.
For even more guidance on how to choose the right orthodontic treatment for you, please come visit your cosmetic dentist in Bridgeport! We’re conveniently located near Trumball Mall, and we’re qualified to offer both lingual braces and Invisalign. We’ll help you settle on the teeth-straightening option that is best for your circumstances and your smile.
About the Dentist
With three decades of experience in his field, Dr. Michael Curtis is one of the most skilled and highly respected dentists in the area. He is truly passionate about helping his patients to enjoy the benefits of a healthy, attractive smile, and he would be happy to help you as well! If you would like to schedule an appointment or ask questions about the treatments we offer, please contact our office at 203-372-4296.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.